On 10/30/2016 01:43 PM, Andrey Grodzovsky wrote: > Problem: > This is a work around for a bug with LSI Fusion MPT SAS2 when > pefroming secure erase. Due to the very long time the operation > takes commands issued during the erase will time out and will trigger > execution of abort hook. Even though the abort hook is called for > the specifc command which timed out this leads to entire device halt > (scsi_state terminated) and premature termination of the secured erase. > Actually, it is _not_ the erase command which times out, it's the successive commands which time out, as the controller is unable to process them while erase is running. I suspect a bug in the SAT-layer from the mpt3sas firmware, which simply does not return 'busy' for additional commands when erase is in progress. That being said, this issue was obscured prior to implementing asynchronous aborts, as originally a timeout would be invoking SCSI EH, which would wait for all outstanding commands to complete. So by the time SCSI EH was invoked the erase command was already completed, allowing for a successful retry of the failing command. With asynchronous aborts we don't have this option, as the abort will succeed, but the command cannot be retried as the original erase command is still running. In the light of the above I guess we need something like the attached patch. I'm not utterly proud of if, but I guess it's the best we can do for the moment. Cheers, Hannes -- Dr. Hannes Reinecke zSeries & Storage hare@suse.de +49 911 74053 688 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N�rnberg GF: J. Hawn, J. Guild, F. Imend�rffer, HRB 16746 (AG N�rnberg)