28.03.2018 16:38, Brad Bishop wrote: >> On Mar 28, 2018, at 8:56 AM, Alexander Amelkin wrote: >>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:00 AM Ratan Gupta wrote: >>> >>> 2) Don't update this property for the chassis power off duration and >>> update >>> this property when the chassis state changes to PowerOn. >> I believe, we must follow the IPMI specification, which clearly states in section 1.7.28 that the POH counter is: >> >> "to return a counter value proportional to the system operating (S0) power-on hours" >> >> It looks quite clear to me that this is similar to a car mileage meter. That is, a means to identify when it's time to do some servicing and/or track warranty. > Agreed. So option #2 then Alexander? Yes. > >> ‘Clear’ or ‘Set’ commands are not specified for this counter. This is because the counter is most typically used for >> warranty tracking or replacement purposes where changing or clearing the counter would defeat the purpose. > So I take this as you don’t feel a factory reset should > reset the counter, at least, certainly not by default. Agreed? Absolutely. We may want to have an OEM command to reset the POH counter, but I would prefer to only have a special tool available via shell under root account, and not let this counter be reset via IPMI or REST.