* How to force build of a blacklisted recipe?
@ 2018-07-26  9:16 MOHAMMAD RASIM
From: MOHAMMAD RASIM @ 2018-07-26  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I'm trying to build dvb-apps recipe which is blacklisted and was removed
from the newer openembedded releases, but it exist in the release I work
with

Now when I try to build the recipe I get this error:

 >ERROR:
/home/oealliancebuilder/openpli-oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia/recipes-dvb/dvb-apps/dvb-apps_1.1.1.bb
was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: Fails to build with RSS
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/130603/ - the recipe will
be removed on 2017-09-01 unless the issue is fixed

But I want to tell openembedded to override the blacklisting and build
the recipe anyway so I can investigate and hopefully fix the recipe. How
can I do that ?

Thanks

* Re: How to force build of a blacklisted recipe?
@ 2018-07-26 10:43 ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2018-07-26 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MOHAMMAD RASIM; +Cc: yocto

On Thursday, 26 July 2018 11:16:02 AM CEST MOHAMMAD RASIM wrote:
> I'm trying to build dvb-apps recipe which is blacklisted and was removed
> from the newer openembedded releases, but it exist in the release I work
> with
>
> Now when I try to build the recipe I get this error:
>
>  >ERROR:
> /home/oealliancebuilder/openpli-oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia/
> recipes-dvb/dvb-apps/dvb-apps_1.1.1.bb
> was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: Fails to build with RSS
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/130603/ - the recipe will
> be removed on 2017-09-01 unless the issue is fixed
>
> But I want to tell openembedded to override the blacklisting and build
> the recipe anyway so I can investigate and hopefully fix the recipe. How
> can I do that ?

You should be able to just set PNBLACKLIST[dvb-apps] = "" in a
dvb-apps_%.bbappend for the recipe in your own layer, and then the
blacklisting will be disabled for that recipe.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: How to force build of a blacklisted recipe?
@ 2018-07-26 19:45 ` Max Krummenacher
From: Max Krummenacher @ 2018-07-26 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MOHAMMAD RASIM, yocto

Hi

> I'm trying to build dvb-apps recipe which is blacklisted and was removed
> from the newer openembedded releases, but it exist in the release I work
> with
>
> Now when I try to build the recipe I get this error:
>
>  >ERROR:
> /home/oealliancebuilder/openpli-oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia/recipes-dvb/dvb-
> apps/dvb-apps_1.1.1.bb
> was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: Fails to build with RSS
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/130603/ - the recipe will
> be removed on 2017-09-01 unless the issue is fixed
>
> But I want to tell openembedded to override the blacklisting and build
> the recipe anyway so I can investigate and hopefully fix the recipe. How
> can I do that ?

You could overwrite the assignment to PNBLACKLIST in conf/local.conf:

PNBLACKLIST[dvb-apps] = ""

However, if you anyway want to work on the recipe you could simply delete
the PNBLACKLIST line in the dvb-apps recipe.

Max

* Re: How to force build of a blacklisted recipe?
@ 2018-07-26 20:04   ` MOHAMMAD RASIM
From: MOHAMMAD RASIM @ 2018-07-26 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, that worked

@ 2018-07-27  7:50   ` MOHAMMAD RASIM
From: MOHAMMAD RASIM @ 2018-07-27  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Krummenacher, yocto

Yeah I found the PNBLACKLIST line at the end of the recipe after Paul
Eggleton message :-D, thanks for the tip anyway Max :-*