From: Luca Miccio <lucmiccio@gmail.com>
To: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org>
Cc: andre.przywara@arm.com, Dario.faggioli@citrix.com,
	Stefano Stabellini <Stefano@aporeto.com>,
	Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com>,
	xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org, nd@arm.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Xen on ARM: create multiple guests from device tree
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:14:14 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Stefano,
sorry if i am so late but my schedule was full this week. I am currently preparing a presentation for an event here
in Italy and i had no time to check even my emails.

> Il giorno 29 mar 2017, alle ore 02:13, Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@kernel.org> ha scritto:
>
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> Hello Luca,
>>
>> did you manage to make any progress on the number of cores exposed by the model?

I am still not using the psci and the XEN console says that he is bringing up all the 4 CPUs.
>> Thank you for the Makefile patch! If you have time, I encourage you to
>> fix one of the other small outstanding bugs, for example XEN-20 or
>> XEN-11 (just the ability to load a Dom0 kernel bigger than 128MB or just
>> the ability to parse the new image_size field introduced in Linux 3.17).

I will try to give it a look this weekend but i am not sure to have the time to
make e fix soon.
>> Finally, I would like to remind you of the upcoming deadline for
>> applications submissions, which is the 3rd of April for GSoC, see:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=149071502330534
>>
>> The GSoC application system is
>> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/get-started/.
>>
>> Please give a look at the Xen Project application template here:
>>
>> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/GSoC_Student_Application_Template
>>
>> It also includes an "Implementation Plan", where you have the chance to
>> explain the implementation plan for the project you would like to apply
>> for.
>
> FYI I added some more information on this project here:
> http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=149074542307880 <http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=149074542307880>

Thank you for all the information. Unfortunately I have not considered all of my personal deadlines
before attempting to approach this project. It was my mistake. Anyway I will try with all my strength
to fill up the application this weekend and try to submit it anyway. I like the Xen project, and even if
I will not be chosen for this task, surely I will continue to support and follow it diligently.

>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Luca Miccio wrote:
>>> Hello Julien

>>> No, i am using 4 cores, with —cores option and i think that i am using actually 4 cores
>>> because on the model “control panel” i have 4 green triangles which ones of them should
>>> represent the number of cores and their status.
>>> It is only my opinion so, please, tell me if i am wrong.

>>> That helped a lot, thank you.

>>> Luca.
Thank you,
Luca