* srp_daemon : ​Disallow ​all targets ​if ​not ​explicitly ​allowed by default
@ 2017-05-09 17:07 Benjamin Drung
       [not found] ` <1494349653.3752.4.camel-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org>
From: Benjamin Drung @ 2017-05-09 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi,

srptools 1.0.3-2 in Debian disallows all targets if not explicitly
allowed by default. Motivation (taken from debian/changelog):

* Don't activate any targets per default. (Closes: #740945)
  This is more sensible than the previous default of bringing
  up all targets in the IB fabric upon boot. In a larger fabric
  with many storage targets available, most of the times only
  one or a few targets are wanted on a particular machine.

Do you agree and could you change the default upstream? I prefer not to
carry a different behavior in Debian alone.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org
Web: https://www.profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.

* Re: srp_daemon : ​Disallow ​all targets ​if ​not ​explicitly ​allowed by default
       [not found] ` <1494349653.3752.4.camel-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-09 17:11   ` Bart Van Assche
       [not found]     ` <021b0a17-0552-6ee4-ec19-0e86ead527ef-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-05-09 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Drung, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 05/09/17 10:07, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> srptools 1.0.3-2 in Debian disallows all targets if not explicitly
> allowed by default. Motivation (taken from debian/changelog):
>
> * Don't activate any targets per default. (Closes: #740945)
>   This is more sensible than the previous default of bringing
>   up all targets in the IB fabric upon boot. In a larger fabric
>   with many storage targets available, most of the times only
>   one or a few targets are wanted on a particular machine.
>
> Do you agree and could you change the default upstream? I prefer not to
> carry a different behavior in Debian alone.

Hello Benjamin,

What I expect is that users will hate this change. They will notice that
after they have installed and enabled srp_daemon that no targets are
discovered without having any clue why no automatic login to SRP targets
occurs.

Bart.

@ 2017-05-09 17:41       ` Laurence Oberman
       [not found]         ` <1050725096.6555338.1494351706650.JavaMail.zimbra-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Laurence Oberman @ 2017-05-09 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche; +Cc: Benjamin Drung, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> On 05/09/17 10:07, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > srptools 1.0.3-2 in Debian disallows all targets if not explicitly
> > allowed by default. Motivation (taken from debian/changelog):
> >
> > * Don't activate any targets per default. (Closes: #740945)
> >   This is more sensible than the previous default of bringing
> >   up all targets in the IB fabric upon boot. In a larger fabric
> >   with many storage targets available, most of the times only
> >   one or a few targets are wanted on a particular machine.
> >
> > Do you agree and could you change the default upstream? I prefer not to
> > carry a different behavior in Debian alone.
>
> Hello Benjamin,
>
> What I expect is that users will hate this change. They will notice that
> after they have installed and enabled srp_daemon that no targets are
> discovered without having any clue why no automatic login to SRP targets
> occurs.
>
> Bart.

Hello

Indeed, I agree with Bart here, this change will lead to a lot of confusion about why users no longer see device discovery.
For me I would prefer its not changed.

Regards
Laurence

@ 2017-05-09 18:01           ` Leon Romanovsky
       [not found]             ` <20170509180159.GK10073-U/DQcQFIOTAAJjI8aNfphQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-09 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence Oberman
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, Benjamin Drung, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:

> [...]

According to the Benjamin's description, this is already behavior of
Debian and their derivatives. So this change won't change for these users
anything. I think that the best solution will be to keep in sync distros
and upstream. Or enable by default on all systems or disable by default
on all systems.

Thanks

> Regards
> Laurence

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: srp_daemon :    targets      by default
       [not found]             ` <20170509180159.GK10073-U/DQcQFIOTAAJjI8aNfphQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-09 18:04               ` Bart Van Assche
       [not found]                 ` <1494353077.2518.12.camel-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-05-09 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A, loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA

On Tue, 2017-05-09 at 21:01 +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:

Users of large setups know how to edit the srp_daemon configuration file but
most users of small setups don't know how to edit that configuration file. So
if consistency is required my advice is to change the behavior on Debian to
activating all targets by default.

Bart.--

@ 2017-05-09 18:12                   ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-09 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche
  Cc: loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA,

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 06:04:37PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-05-09 at 21:01 +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:

I'm fine with any option as long as Debian and upstream are in sync.

Thanks

@ 2017-05-09 18:21                   ` Jason Gunthorpe
       [not found]                     ` <20170509182123.GC9715-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
From: Jason Gunthorpe @ 2017-05-09 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche
  Cc: leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A, loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 06:04:37PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:

> Users of large setups know how to edit the srp_daemon configuration file but
> most users of small setups don't know how to edit that configuration file. So
> if consistency is required my advice is to change the behavior on Debian to
> activating all targets by default.

I thought the default in Debain was to have a null list of devices
anyhow, so if you just install srp_daemon nothing actually happens
until the .default config file is edited..

Thus it seems really strange to have to edit two config files to make
it work, particularly if there is no security concern here.

Jason

@ 2017-05-09 18:41                       ` Laurence Oberman
From: Laurence Oberman @ 2017-05-09 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Gunthorpe
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, benjamin drung

> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 06:04:37PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
>
> > Users of large setups know how to edit the srp_daemon configuration file
> > but
> > most users of small setups don't know how to edit that configuration file.
> > So
> > if consistency is required my advice is to change the behavior on Debian to
> > activating all targets by default.
>
> I thought the default in Debain was to have a null list of devices
> anyhow, so if you just install srp_daemon nothing actually happens
> until the .default config file is edited..
>
> Thus it seems really strange to have to edit two config files to make
> it work, particularly if there is no security concern here.
>
> Jason

On Red Hat I have the following default set for the customers I deal with.

# cat srp_daemon.conf
a      queue_size=128,max_cmd_per_lun=32,max_sect=32768

@ 2017-05-10 13:30               ` Benjamin Drung
       [not found]                 ` <1494423046.3739.8.camel-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org>
From: Benjamin Drung @ 2017-05-10 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon Romanovsky, Laurence Oberman, Roland Fehrenbacher
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Am Dienstag, den 09.05.2017, 21:01 +0300 schrieb Leon Romanovsky:
> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:

This change was uploaded to Debian unstable two days ago. So it is a
recent change done by Roland Fehrenbacher (CCed) which still can be
reverted. I'm fine with any option as long as Debian and upstream are
in sync.

Bart's objection (that users of large setups know how to edit the
srp_daemon configuration file but most users of small setups don't know
how to edit that configuration file) seem valid to me. Roland, your
input please.

--

@ 2017-05-10 14:02                   ` Roland Fehrenbacher
       [not found]                     ` <22803.7541.113159.214164-4mDQ13Tdud8Jw5R7aSpS0dP8p4LwMBBS@public.gmane.org>
From: Roland Fehrenbacher @ 2017-05-10 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Drung
  Cc: Leon Romanovsky, Laurence Oberman, Bart Van Assche,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi all,

    BD> Am Dienstag, den 09.05.2017, 21:01 +0300 schrieb Leon
    BD> Romanovsky:
    >> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:

it's hard to judge what is the most wanted default setup. The reason why
this was changed was the cited Debian bug report. I'm also a friend of
well-defined configs, so I agree with that opinion. I believe,
adding a '#' in front of a line of a config file shouldn't overburden an
admin who deals with IB storage under Linux, if she/he prefers the most
simple config. The change in Debian is also clearly communicated (NEWS
file), so I don't really see a problem. Finally: There are many packages
in Debian that have a different default config as compared to upstream.

Cheers,

Roland--

@ 2017-05-10 16:05                       ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-10 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Fehrenbacher
  Cc: Benjamin Drung, Laurence Oberman, Bart Van Assche,

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 04:02:29PM +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     BD> Am Dienstag, den 09.05.2017, 21:01 +0300 schrieb Leon
>     BD> Romanovsky:
>     >> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 01:41:46PM -0400, Laurence Oberman wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> >

There are number of reasons to keep upstream and distros in sync. Main
reasons are simplify testing (test once for all distros), packaging
(part of our CI checks) and developing (new features are added to all
distros automatically).

Thanks

@ 2017-05-10 16:06                       ` Bart Van Assche
       [not found]                         ` <1494432414.2578.9.camel-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-05-10 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA, rf-PKu+Ek1N2UGzQB+pC5nmwQ
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A,

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 16:02 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
> it's hard to judge what is the most wanted default setup. The reason why
> this was changed was the cited Debian bug report. I'm also a friend of
> well-defined configs, so I agree with that opinion. I believe,
> adding a '#' in front of a line of a config file shouldn't overburden an
> admin who deals with IB storage under Linux, if she/he prefers the most
> simple config. The change in Debian is also clearly communicated (NEWS
> file), so I don't really see a problem. Finally: There are many packages
> in Debian that have a different default config as compared to upstream.

Hello Roland,

Thanks for chiming in. Are you perhaps referring to
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=740945 ? If so, are you
aware that changing /etc/srp_daemon.conf was not necessary because of the
PORTS=NONE setting in /etc/default/srptools? BTW, I just reinstalled srptools
on an Ubuntu 17.04 system (apt-get remove -y srptools && dpkg --purge srptools
&& rm -f /etc/default/srptools /etc/srp_daemon.conf && rm -rf
/var/cache/apt/archives && apt-get install -y srptools). From what I see in
the installed configuration files it looks like the change you mentioned has
either not been applied or it has been reverted?

# head -n 99 /etc/default/srptools /etc/srp_daemon.conf
==> /etc/default/srptools <==
#How often should srpdeamon  rescan the fabric (seconds)
RETRIES=60

#Where should srp-deamon log to
LOG=/var/log/srp_daemon.log

# What ports should srp-deamon be started on.
# Format is CA:port
# ALL or NONE will run on all ports on none
# respectively

PORTS=NONE
#PORTS=ALL
#PORTS="mthca0:1 mlx4_0:2"

==> /etc/srp_daemon.conf <==
## This is an example rules configuration file for srp_daemon.
##
#This is a comment
## disallow the following dgid
#d       dgid=fe800000000000000002c90200402bd5
## allow target with the following ioc_guid
#a       ioc_guid=00a0b80200402bd7
## allow target with the following pkey
#a       pkey=ffff
## allow target with the following id_ext and ioc_guid
#a       id_ext=200500A0B81146A1,ioc_guid=00a0b80200402bef
## disallow all the rest
#d
##
## Here is another example:
##
## Allow all targets and set queue size to 128.
# a      queue_size=128,max_cmd_per_lun=128

Thanks,

Bart.--

@ 2017-05-10 16:39                           ` Roland Fehrenbacher
       [not found]                             ` <22803.16933.196383.482890-4mDQ13Tdud8Jw5R7aSpS0dP8p4LwMBBS@public.gmane.org>
From: Roland Fehrenbacher @ 2017-05-10 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche
  Cc: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A,
	loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA

Hi Bart,

    B> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 16:02 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
    >> it's hard to judge what is the most wanted default setup. The
    >> reason why this was changed was the cited Debian bug report. I'm
    >> also a friend of well-defined configs, so I agree with that
    >> opinion. I believe, adding a '#' in front of a line of a config
    >> file shouldn't overburden an admin who deals with IB storage
    >> under Linux, if she/he prefers the most simple config. The change
    >> in Debian is also clearly communicated (NEWS file), so I don't
    >> really see a problem. Finally: There are many packages in Debian
    >> that have a different default config as compared to upstream.

    B> Hello Roland,

    B> Thanks for chiming in. Are you perhaps referring to
    B> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=740945 ?

yes.

    B> If so, are you aware that changing /etc/srp_daemon.conf was not
    B> necessary because of the PORTS=NONE setting in
    B> /etc/default/srptools?

That setting has a different effect: srp_daemon won't even be started if
PORTS=NONE. The PORTS variable just controls for which ports of the HCA(s)
a daemon is started. On the other hand, in the config file you have
additional control over the targets that will be added to the system.

    B> BTW, I just reinstalled srptools on an Ubuntu 17.04 system
    B> (apt-get remove -y srptools && dpkg --purge srptools && rm -f
    B> /etc/default/srptools /etc/srp_daemon.conf && rm -rf
    B> /var/cache/apt/archives && apt-get install -y srptools). From
    B> what I see in the installed configuration files it looks like the
    B> change you mentioned has either not been applied or it has been
    B> reverted?

The new package is very new, sits in debian unstable and most likely
hasn't made it to Ubuntu 17.04.

Cheers,

Roland

@ 2017-05-10 16:46                               ` Bart Van Assche
       [not found]                                 ` <1494434801.2578.13.camel-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-05-10 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rf-PKu+Ek1N2UGzQB+pC5nmwQ
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA,
	leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A, loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 18:39 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
> The new package is very new, sits in debian unstable and most likely
> hasn't made it to Ubuntu 17.04.

Hello Roland,

Does that mean that most Debian users do not yet have that change in their
/etc/srp_daemon.conf and when they upgrade and the packaged version of
/etc/srp_daemon.conf gets installed that SRP login to remote systems will
not occur anymore after a reboot? Since you wrote in a previous message
that such changes are mentioned in the NEWS file: how many people do you
think read that file before or after installing an upgrade?

Thanks,

Bart.--

@ 2017-05-10 17:13                                   ` Roland Fehrenbacher
       [not found]                                     ` <22803.19010.749349.461444-4mDQ13Tdud8Jw5R7aSpS0dP8p4LwMBBS@public.gmane.org>
From: Roland Fehrenbacher @ 2017-05-10 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA,
	leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A, loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA

    B> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 18:39 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
    >> The new package is very new, sits in debian unstable and most
    >> likely hasn't made it to Ubuntu 17.04.

    B> Hello Roland,

    B> Does that mean that most Debian users do not yet have that change
    B> in their /etc/srp_daemon.conf and when they upgrade and the
    B> packaged version of /etc/srp_daemon.conf gets installed that SRP
    B> login to remote systems will not occur anymore after a reboot?

The pre/postinst files of the new package version are written, such that
the new config file/behavior has to be explicitly enabled by the admin
when the package is updated. Only new installations get the new config
file automatically.

    B> Since you wrote in a previous message that such changes are
    B> mentioned in the NEWS file: how many people do you think read
    B> that file before or after installing an upgrade?

The NEWS file is displayed automatically if the apt-listchanges
package is installed.

Roland

@ 2017-05-10 17:15                                       ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-10 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Fehrenbacher
  Cc: Bart Van Assche, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 07:13:38PM +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:

>     B> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 18:39 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
>     >> The new package is very new, sits in debian unstable and most
>     >> likely hasn't made it to Ubuntu 17.04.
>
>     B> Hello Roland,
>
>     B> Does that mean that most Debian users do not yet have that change
>     B> in their /etc/srp_daemon.conf and when they upgrade and the
>     B> packaged version of /etc/srp_daemon.conf gets installed that SRP
>     B> login to remote systems will not occur anymore after a reboot?
>
> The pre/postinst files of the new package version are written, such that
> the new config file/behavior has to be explicitly enabled by the admin
> when the package is updated. Only new installations get the new config
> file automatically.
>
>     B> Since you wrote in a previous message that such changes are
>     B> mentioned in the NEWS file: how many people do you think read
>     B> that file before or after installing an upgrade?
>
> The NEWS file is displayed automatically if the apt-listchanges
> package is installed.

Ohh, this explains why I never saw them :)

@ 2017-05-10 17:20                                       ` Bart Van Assche
       [not found]                                         ` <1494436821.2578.15.camel-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-05-10 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rf-PKu+Ek1N2UGzQB+pC5nmwQ
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 19:13 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:

>     B> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 18:39 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
>     >> The new package is very new, sits in debian unstable and most
>     >> likely hasn't made it to Ubuntu 17.04.
>
>     B> Hello Roland,
>
>     B> Does that mean that most Debian users do not yet have that change
>     B> in their /etc/srp_daemon.conf and when they upgrade and the
>     B> packaged version of /etc/srp_daemon.conf gets installed that SRP
>     B> login to remote systems will not occur anymore after a reboot?
>
> The pre/postinst files of the new package version are written, such that
> the new config file/behavior has to be explicitly enabled by the admin
> when the package is updated. Only new installations get the new config
> file automatically.
>
>     B> Since you wrote in a previous message that such changes are
>     B> mentioned in the NEWS file: how many people do you think read
>     B> that file before or after installing an upgrade?
>
> The NEWS file is displayed automatically if the apt-listchanges
> package is installed.

Hello Roland,

Please revert this change such that the Debian srptools package is again in
sync with the upstream srptools package and such that SRP users are saved a
few hours of frustration by trying to figure out why SRP login doesn't work
if they would install a version of srptools in which /etc/srp_daemon.conf
disables login by default.

In case you would not be aware of this: I am the maintainer of the upstream
srptools package.

Bart.--

@ 2017-05-11  8:50                                           ` Roland Fehrenbacher
From: Roland Fehrenbacher @ 2017-05-11  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Van Assche
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA,
	leon-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A, loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA

Hi Bart,

    B> Hello Roland,
    >>
    B> Does that mean that most Debian users do not yet have that change
    B> in their /etc/srp_daemon.conf and when they upgrade and the
    B> packaged version of /etc/srp_daemon.conf gets installed that SRP
    B> login to remote systems will not occur anymore after a reboot?
    >>
    >> The pre/postinst files of the new package version are written,
    >> such that the new config file/behavior has to be explicitly
    >> enabled by the admin when the package is updated. Only new
    >> installations get the new config file automatically.
    >>
    B> Since you wrote in a previous message that such changes are
    B> mentioned in the NEWS file: how many people do you think read
    B> that file before or after installing an upgrade?
    >>
    >> The NEWS file is displayed automatically if the apt-listchanges
    >> package is installed.

    B> Hello Roland,

    B> Please revert this change such that the Debian srptools package
    B> is again in sync with the upstream srptools package and such that
    B> SRP users are saved a few hours of frustration by trying to
    B> figure out why SRP login doesn't work if they would install a
    B> version of srptools in which /etc/srp_daemon.conf disables login
    B> by default.

    B> In case you would not be aware of this: I am the maintainer of
    B> the upstream srptools package.

I didn't find any of the arguments presented against this change really
convincing. You make an assumption about SRP users whereas the motivation
of the change came from a bug report by a real user who was frustrated
with the previous config. Understandably in my opinion.

Anyway, since I'm not a DD, I can't revert it. Benjamin, since you're a
DD and if you also believe the change should be reverted, please feel free
to do so.

Roland