Hello, I'm relatively new to Linux (Ubuntu Jaunty 64) on an HP Quad-core AMD 64, 2.8Mhz, 8 GB RAM. This card does not seem to be supported (as of yet), however, I was able to get the driver to load (cx23885) using the insmod option for card=20 (Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1255 I think) with no errors. I have downloaded all of the latest v4l-dvb drivers using HG, and tried to download the firmware, but the documentation that came with 2.6.26-15-generic points to an ftp site at Hauppauge that is not there any more. After trying card=20 with insmod, I did a make distclean and re-installed the v4l-dvb with no errors. It looked as if it loaded the firmware with that install, and created a dvb folder under /dev with an adapter0. From this point I am stuck. I can't reboot without losing the card=20 for the module, it goes back to card=0 generic with automatic detection. None of the TV software will recognize the card -- still. Can someone tell me what to do to save the card info and get a TV program to work? I would be very grateful. Thank you.