* How to use Virtual Media to mount folders to host?
@ 2020-08-24  3:14 宏
From: 宏 @ 2020-08-24  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Przemyslaw,

About the Virtual Media feature, I want to use the VirtualMedia feature to mount a folder or file.
Although ISO files and CDROM devices can be mounted to the host through NBD,
folders and files other than ISO cannot be mounted on the host.

How to mount a file or folder to a host using the virtual media feature?
Can you give me a configuration method to deal with this problem?

I'm reading VirtualMedia.md Document, ask for help for several questions:

1. Has the community updated and supported virtual media mounting of folders and files?
 If so, what do I need to do? How to update which modules to support?

2. If I want to mount folders and files, do I need to use CIFS / NFS? How to do this

3. In the document, I see the following DBUS interfaces, but my environment does not support these interfaces.
Are they necessary for folder mounting? Which module needs to be updated to get these DBUS interfaces?
 At the same time, what services are needed to support it?
/xyz/openbmc_ project/VirtualMedia/Proxy/ISO0
/xyz/openbmc_ project/VirtualMedia/Proxy/1
/xyz/openbmc_ project/VirtualMedia/Legacy/0
/xyz/openbmc_ project/VirtualMedia/Legacy/1

My current adaptation situation is as follows:

1. The ISO or device can be mounted to the host through NBD,
That is: nbd-server is on the server side, BMC executes nbd-client through DBUS interface to load into / dev / nbdx,
 and the virtual device can be seen on the host side.

2. However, folders and files other than ISO and image cannot be mounted to the host computer.
I tried NFS and CIFS. Now I just execute client on BMC side to see the folder and file.
But how to make the folder visible on the host side is making me scratch my head :-(
(How do files and folders mount like NBD devices?)

Look forword to your reply.

Best regards,
Xiaohong Zhang

* How to use Virtual Media to mount folders to host?
@ 2020-08-24  3:22 CHAPTER IV THE DEMORALIZATION OF GIRLS The r?le which a girl is expected to play in life is first of all indicated to her by her family in a series of ?sthetic-moral definitions of the situation. Civilized societies,  more especially,  have endowed the young girl with a character of social sacredness. She has been the subject of a far-going idealization. 鈥淰irginity鈥?and 鈥減urity鈥?have almost a magical value. This attitude has a useful side,  though it has been overdone. The girl as child does not know she has any particular value until she learns it from others,  but if she is regarded with adoration she correspondingly respects herself and tends to become what is expected of her. And so she has in f act a greater value. She makes a better marriage and reflects recognition on her family.But we must understand that this sublimation of life is an investment. It requires that incessant attention and effort illustrated in document No. 36 (p. 62) and goes on best when life is economically secure. And there are families and whole strata of society where life affords no investments. There is little to gain and little to lose. Social workers report that sometimes overburdened mothers with large families complain that they have no 鈥済raveyard luck鈥濃€攁ll the children live. In cases of great neglect the girl cannot be said to fall,  because she has never risen. She is not immoral,  because this implies the loss of morality,  but  a-moral鈥攏ever having had a moral code.
From: CHAPTER IV THE DEMORALIZATION OF GIRLS The r?le which a girl is expected to play in life is first of all indicated to her by her family in a series of ?sthetic-moral definitions of the situation. Civilized societies,  more especially,  have endowed the young girl with a character of social sacredness. She has been the subject of a far-going idealization. 鈥淰irginity鈥?and 鈥減urity鈥?have almost a magical value. This attitude has a useful side,  though it has been overdone. The girl as child does not know she has any particular value until she learns it from others,  but if she is regarded with adoration she correspondingly respects herself and tends to become what is expected of her. And so she has in f act a greater value. She makes a better marriage and reflects recognition on her family.But we must understand that this sublimation of life is an investment. It requires that incessant attention and effort illustrated in document No. 36 (p. 62) and goes on best when life is economically secure. And there are families and whole strata of society where life affords no investments. There is little to gain and little to lose. Social workers report that sometimes overburdened mothers with large families complain that they have no 鈥済raveyard luck鈥濃€攁ll the children live. In cases of great neglect the girl cannot be said to fall,  because she has never risen. She is not immoral,  because this implies the loss of morality,  but  a-moral鈥攏ever having had a moral code. @ 2020-08-24  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski, pawel.rapkiewicz; +Cc: openbmc

* How to use Virtual Media to mount folders to host?
@ 2020-08-21  7:42 宏
From: 宏 @ 2020-08-21  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pawel.rapkiewicz, przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski; +Cc: openbmc