From: Romain Naour <romain.naour@gmail.com>
To: "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998@free.fr>,
	Edgar Bonet <bonet@grenoble.cnrs.fr>
Cc: buildroot@buildroot.org
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Daily results for 2021-09-17
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 22:25:22 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Edgar, Yann, All,

Le 18/09/2021 à 12:28, Yann E. MORIN a écrit :
> Edgar, All,
>
> +Romain
>
> On 2021-09-18 10:19 +0200, Edgar Bonet spake thusly:
>> The autobuilder wrote:
>>> Detail of defconfig failures for master
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>>
>>>                         defconfig |                        link to the job                        | orph?
>>> ----------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------+------
>>>                       aarch64_efi | https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/1597248798  |
>>>        acmesystems_acqua_a5_512mb | https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/1597248800  |
>>> [...]
>>
>> There may be a problem on the autobuilder. Most of those links point to
>> build logs that are truncated, and do not show any error message.
>>
>> I just tried one of the failed defconfigs (acmesystems_acqua_a5_512mb)
>> using the exact same Buildroot commit as the autobuilder did
>> (c483318d09). It all went out smoothly.
>
> If you look at the top of the build log, you'll notice that hose
> failures all occur on the gcc160 runner.
>
> I'm adding Romain in Cc ; IIRC, he already noticed something fishy going
> on with gcc160. Romain?

Indeed but there is nothing I can do. I don't have access to this machine.
gcc160 is not an autobuilder but a gitlab runner.

I believe we can use gitlab shared runner for jobs that can be finished in less
than 3h and use our gitlab runner for longer jobs.
Currently it take more than 24h to complete all defconfigs jobs...

Best regards,
Romain