From: "John Stoffel" <john@stoffel.org>
To: Annamalai Gurusami <annamalai.gurusami@oracle.com>
Cc: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Identifying Unused VG
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 09:40:33 -0500	[thread overview]

Annamalai> "John Stoffel" <john@stoffel.org> writes:
>> Looking at your 'lsblk' output, I suspect you can remove drive sda,
>> the Seagate.  So I'd probably try to shutdown cleanly, then remove
>> that drive and boot up again.

Annamalai> Finally I was able to spend sometime doing this.  And you are correct.
Annamalai> I shutdown the computer and removed the Seagate HDD and started the
Annamalai> computer.  Everything went smooth.

Annamalai> Thanks for helping me.

Great!  Gald to help.  Now what I would do is re-install the Seagte
drive, boot up and then once you've identified it properly, I would
wipe the beginning of the disk with:

  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd<letter> count=10000

where <letter> would *probably* be 'b' without quotes.  But confirm!

Then just reboot the system and you should see only the boot disk,
along with a new blank disk.  Then you can do what you want with it.

John