Perfect!! Just what I was looking for. Sorry for the delay, because before doing so, I preferred to test to see if it actually worked. I have a doubt. The system works perfectly, but at the time of deleting the writing disk and merging the data on the read-only disk I fail to understand the process. I have tried to remove the seed bit on disk A and delete the write B as you mention, and so move the data to A, but tells me that disk B does not exist. These are the orders I have made: md127-> A md126-> B btrfstune -S 0 /dev /md127 mount /dev/md127 /mnt (I mount this disk since the md126 gives error) btrfs device delete /dev/md126 /mnt ERROR: error removing device '/dev/md126': No such file or directory Another thing I've tried is to remove disk B without removing the seed bit, but it gives me the error: ERROR: error removing device '/dev/md126': unable to remove the only writeable device. Any ideas about it? Thank you very much for the reply. Greetings. El martes, 12 de septiembre de 2017 6:34:15 (CEST) Andrei Borzenkov escribió: > 11.09.2017 21:17, Senén Vidal Blanco пишет: > > I am trying to implement a system that stores the data in a unit (A) with > > BTRFS format that is untouchable and that future files and folders created > > or modified are stored in another physical unit (B) with BTRFS format. > > Each year the new files will be moved to store A and start over. > > > > The idea is that a duplicate of disk A can be made to keep it in a safe > > place and that the files stored there can not be modified until the > > mixture of (A) and (B) is made. > > This can probably be achieved using seed device. Mark original device as > seed and all changes will go to another writable device, similar to > overlay; then remove seed bit from original device, "btrfs device remove > writable" device and it should relocate its content back. Rinse and repeat. -- Senén Vidal Blanco - SGISoft S.L. Tlf.: 986413322 - 660923711 GPG ID 466431A8AF01F99A http://www.sgisoft.com/ --