Hi all, I had a problem that caused my Ubuntu Server 14 to go down, and it now will not boot.  I added a drive to my raid1 (/dev/md0 -> /boot) + raid6 (/dev/md2 -> /) setup.  I was previously running with /dev/md0 (raid1) assembled from /dev/sd[a-f]1, and /dev/md2 (raid6) assembled /dev/sd[a-f]3.  Both partitions from the new drive were successfully added to the two md arrays, and the raid1 (the smaller of the two) resync'd successfully it seemed (I think that resync is the correct word to use, meaning that mdadm is spreading out the data amongst the drives once an array has been grown).  When resyncing the larger raid6, however, the sync speed was quite slow (kb's/sec), and got slower and slower (7kb/sec... 5kb/sec... 3kb/sec... 1kb/sec...) until the system entirely halted and I eventually turned the power off.  It now will not boot. Thanks to Roger Heflin's help, I've booted into a livecd environment (ubuntu server 18) with all the necessary raid personalities available. When trying to --assemble md127 (raid6), i get the following error: "Failure to restore critical section for reshape, sorry.  Perhaps you needed to specify the --backup-file".  Needless to say, I didn't save a backup file when adding the drive. I have attached some diagnostic output here.  It seems that my raid6 array is not being recognized as such.  I'm not sure what the next steps are - do I need to figure out how to get the resync up and running again?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Allie