From: "Valdis Klētnieks" <valdis.kletnieks@vt.edu>
To: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@gmail.com>
Cc: "bigbird2444@163.com" <bigbird2444@163.com>,
	"kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org"
	<kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:31:14 -0500	[thread overview]

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:00:29 +0200, Alexander Kapshuk said:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:14 AM bigbird2444@163.com <bigbird2444@163.com> wrote:

> > I've just added a newbies mailing list, How to join other mailing lists,
> > and I'd like to see what other people are communicating with.

> Not sure what other lists you were referring to, but you may want to
> check out these mailing lists, http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html,
> and see if that's what you were after.

Word of warning:  The main linux-kernel list is a firehose, as it usually
gets a copy of *all* the posts to all the other lists. As Linus once wrote:

"Note that nobody reads every post in linux-kernel. In fact, nobody who expects
to have time left over to actually do any real kernel work will read even half.
Except Alan Cox, but he's actually not human, but about a thousand gnomes
working in under-ground caves in Swansea. None of the individual gnomes read
all the postings either, they just work together really well."

That was from long ago and far away, when Alan was doing a crazy amount
of kernel work, and the linux-kernel list had about 200 messages a day.

So far this month, January 2021 has seen 12,790 posts (and 790 more
auto-generated from Greg and Sasha's -stable workflows) and it's only the 14th.

I'll let you do the math...