From: Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
To: Anthony PERARD <anthony.perard@citrix.com>
Cc: "Roger Pau Monné" <roger.pau@citrix.com>, xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
Subject: osstest branch refs and self-push-gate Re: Sorting out osstest
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:11:23 +0100	[thread overview]

Anthony PERARD writes ("Re: Sorting out osstest"):
> Yes, that plan sound good to me. Just one thing, `git checkout master`
> in testing.git as at the moment "pretest" is the current branch.

Yes.

Here's an overview of what's (supposed) to exist and happen.

There are:

   osstest:~osstest/testing.git #pretest

        Push here to update osstest.  Need not be fast forwarding.  So
	if something is doomed, or you cancel te self-test flight by
	killing sg-execute-flight, you can rewind it.  You can also
	update this while a self-test is running, like any osstest
	input branch.

	If it is not ff from #master, even a successful self-test
	won't be able to update master.

   osstest:~osstest/testing.git  #master
   xenbits:osstest.git           #master

        Tested version.  Normally, automatically updated
        from pretest after a successful self-test.
        Both refs are supposed to be updated in step.

        To force push, ie, push something manually without a
	self-test, you can use ./ap-push.  Don't use git push (ap-push
	updates both refs).

        For other trees, to perform a force push, ./mg-force-push
	is better since it can perform additional checks.

   xenbits:~osstest/osstest-massachusetts.git #refs/heads/flight-NNN

        Permanent record of the osstest code which ran some flight.
	Separated because of git's poor perf with trees with so many
	refs.

HTH.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.