Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2018, 13:02:56 schrieb Andrey Jr. Melnikov: > In gmane.comp.file-systems.ext4 Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote: > > On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 03:16:33AM +0300, Andrey Jr. Melnikov wrote: > > > Corrupted inodes - always directory, not touched at least year or > > > more for writing. Something wrong when updating atime? > > > > We're not sure. The frustrating thing is that it's not reproducing > > for me. I run extensive regression tests, and I'm using 4.19 on my > > development laptop without notcing any problems. If I could reproduce > > it, I could debug it, but since I can't, I need to rely on those who > > are seeing the problem to help pinpoint the problem. > > My workstation hit this bug every time after boot. If you have an idea - I > may test it. > > > I'm trying to figure out common factors from those people who are > > reporting problems. > > > > (a) What distribution are you running (it appears that many people > > reporting problems are running Ubuntu, but this may be a sampling > > issue; lots of people run Ubuntu)? (For the record, I'm using Debian > > Testing.) > > Debian sid but self-build kernel from ubuntu mainline-ppa. You could try a vanilla 4.19.5 from https://www.kernel.org/ and compile it with your current .config. If you still see the errors, at least the Ubuntu-kernel could be ruled out. In addition, if you still see the errors: - backup your .config in a *different* folder (so that you can later re-use it) - do a "make mrproper" (deletes the .config, see above) - do a "make defconfig" - and compile the kernel with that new .config If you still have the problem after that, you may want to learn how to bisect. ;) So long! Rainer Fiebig > > > (b) What hardware are you using? (SSD? SATA-attached? > > NVMe-attached?) > > SATA HDD WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0. > > > (c) Are you using LVM? LUKS (e.g., disk encrypted)? > > No and no. Plain ext4. > -- cut -- > debugfs: features > Filesystem features: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype > needs_recovery extent 64bit flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file > dir_nlink extra_isize metadata_csum > -- cut -- > > > (d) are you using discard? One theory is a recent discard change may > > be in play. How do you use discard? (mount option, fstrim, etc.) > > no -- The truth always turns out to be simpler than you thought. Richard Feynman