* Could we implement new features by C language?
@ 2019-05-23  9:31 Andrew MS1 Peng
From: Andrew MS1 Peng @ 2019-05-23  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc
  Cc: Lisa YJ19 Liu, Derek Lin23, Harry Sung1, Yonghui YH21 Liu, Duke KH Du

Hi Team,

If we need to implement some features for project specific purpose. Is it necessary to implemented by C++?

Thanks.
Andrew Peng

* Re: Could we implement new features by C language?
@ 2019-05-23 15:18 ` Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2019-05-23 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew MS1 Peng
  Cc: openbmc, Duke KH Du, Harry Sung1, Yonghui YH21 Liu,
	Lisa YJ19 Liu, Derek Lin23

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Andrew MS1 Peng <pengms1@lenovo.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> If we need to implement some features for project specific purpose. Is it necessary to implemented by C++?

I don't believe we as a community have any rules on language. I know
some even keep trying to get Rust
going :)  You may want to consider using a c++ compiler for your c
code though so you can utilize other
helper repos like sdbusplus, sdeventplus, phosphor-logging, ...

Andrew