On Friday, 4 September 2020 20:28:02 CEST Linus Lüssing wrote: > For DHCPv6: This is even trickier... DHCPv6 potentially uses > non-broadcast multicast addresses. However according to RFC8415, section > 7.1 it seems that currently multicast is only used from a DHCPv6 client > to a DHCPv6 server, but not the other way round. > > Working through the gateway feature part in batadv_interface_tx() it can > be inferred that a DHCPv6 packet to a DHCP client would have been the only > option for a DHCPv6 multicast packet to be sent via unicast through the > gateway feature. Ergo, the newly introduced claim check won't wrongly > drop a DHCPv6 packet received via the gateway feature either. I don't really get this part. Shouldn't it be the other way around in the code? But I haven't the time at the moment to check the code - maybe we can discuss this on Monday. And I would also like to ask Simon to check the BLA patches before I merge them. Kind regards, Sven