* Packaging liburing for Fedora
@ 2019-05-24  8:48 Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2019-05-24  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: Aarushi Mehta, Julia Suvorova, linux-block

Hi Jens,
Applications are beginning to use liburing and I'd like to package it
for Fedora.

Two items that would be useful for an official distro package:

1. A 0.2 release git tag so that downstream packagers have a
   well-defined version to package.  0.1 has no git tag and useful
   changes have been made since the 0.1 .spec file was committed.

2. A pkg-config .pc file so that applications don't need to hardcode
   details of how to compile against liburing.

I can take care of #2.

Are there other known todos before distros start shipping liburing?

Thanks,
Stefan

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Packaging liburing for Fedora
@ 2019-05-24 14:14 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-05-24 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: Aarushi Mehta, Julia Suvorova, linux-block

On 5/24/19 2:48 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Hi Jens,
> Applications are beginning to use liburing and I'd like to package it
> for Fedora.
>
> Two items that would be useful for an official distro package:
>
> 1. A 0.2 release git tag so that downstream packagers have a
>     well-defined version to package.  0.1 has no git tag and useful
>     changes have been made since the 0.1 .spec file was committed.
>
> 2. A pkg-config .pc file so that applications don't need to hardcode
>     details of how to compile against liburing.
>
> I can take care of #2.

Once we have #2 covered, I'd be happy to tag 0.2.

> Are there other known todos before distros start shipping liburing?

Not that I'm aware of.

--
Jens Axboe