From: Howard Miller <howard@e-learndesign.co.uk>
To: Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff@gmail.com>
Cc: git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Commited to wrong branch
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:27:21 +0100	[thread overview]

What's to stop me.........

* The "wrong" branch just tracks a remote so I can just dump it once I
have this fixed - (delete it and recreate it?)
* after my 'reset' the files I have in my working copy (still the
wrong branch) should be the latest version ('git reset' does not
change the working copy I think?)
* So can I grab these files (they are mostly new), checkout the
correct version, and just overwrite the existing files? I'll loose
some history but not much and I don't care

Seems too easy :-)