Sui Chen wrote: > Thanks for your interest! I'm also using dbus-pcap to track certain > issues on the BMC recently, and would like to add support for all DBus > messages to the visualization tool, making it somewhat resemble a GUI > version of dbus-pcap. The goal would be to be able to use this tool to > investigate both DBus and IPMI. The way I plan to use it would be more > similar to how I use GPUView (full-system timeline rather than > inspecting individual packets) Interestingly, I was not that clearly aware of dbus-pcap :-) I ought to know more, as the lead libpcap maintainer. Is this visualization tool part of openbmc, or is it a generic dbus visualization tool? We recently brought rpcapd into the mix; it can be invoked via ssh. I wonder if that might help you as a debug tool? > If you ask how this user interface might differ from the already > existing dbus visualizers such as bustle, my answer would be: it will > present information in a way that's more relevant to the BMC, putting a > bit more focus on BMC-specific DBus messages, such as HWMon and RedFish > DBus messages, to present information in a high signal-noise ratio way. Would this need to run on the BMC itself? -- ] Never tell me the odds! | ipv6 mesh networks [ ] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works | network architect [ ] mcr@sandelman.ca http://www.sandelman.ca/ | ruby on rails [