On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 07:59:17 PM Moore, Robert wrote: > Maybe not exactly "running", but at the very least, ACPICA must be > initialized. > > All of this of course depends on how early the table needs to be loaded. I'd say as early as possible. Not sure about Thomas' use case. I expect most of the extra tables are needed before ACPICA gets initialized otherwise it could have been specified to put the info into DSDT/SSDT via ASL. Sooner or later people will hit the "I need it earlier" limit and patch: ACPICA: Introduce new acpi_os_physical_table_add OS callback shows that it can be done early and that it integrates nicely with only some additional lines. Thomas