On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:45:00 +0530, Muni Sekhar said: > > And if it's configurable for multiple formats, was it set for the correct one? > Is there a way to verify was it set for the correct one or not? arecord -v gives what it thinks the setup is. > > Does the record die immediately, or hang for a few seconds and timeout? > What is the difference between these two ways? An immediate failure is usually related to a "Can't do it" situation where the USB interaction to configure the device has failed, while a timeout usually indicates that the configuration at least *claimed* to succeed, but is failing to properly transfer valid data. > For my hardware, I noticed that it hangs for a few seconds and gives EIO (arecord: > pcm_read:2032: read error: Input/output error). Given that the usbmon output ran to several megabytes, that's tending to point at "the card was returning lots of packets, but they weren't actually the format/data that arecord was expecting.