* rgw keystone revocation thread
@ 2017-04-03 13:20 Pavan Rallabhandi
       [not found] ` <CADRKj5RreYnkfcmqGrA_DaZ6FHboqHLko6FQcPR4z_zO6RsyBQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Pavan Rallabhandi @ 2017-04-03 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

In one of our installations, we are using Fernet tokens with Keystone V3. In that context, I was wondering if we need the keystone revocation thread in RGW to run by default.

Any reasons as to why we need the revocation thread with Fernet tokens?

Thanks,
-Pavan.

* Re: rgw keystone revocation thread
@ 2017-04-04 17:43 ` Pavan Rallabhandi
       [not found] ` <CADRKj5RreYnkfcmqGrA_DaZ6FHboqHLko6FQcPR4z_zO6RsyBQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Pavan Rallabhandi @ 2017-04-04 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

A gentle bump before I work on the PR towards the same.

Thanks!

On 03/04/17 6:50 pm, "Pavan Rallabhandi" <PRallabhandi@walmartlabs.com> wrote:

    In one of our installations, we are using Fernet tokens with Keystone V3. In that context, I was wondering if we need the keystone revocation thread in RGW to run by default.

    Any reasons as to why we need the revocation thread with Fernet tokens?

    Thanks,
    -Pavan.

* Fwd: rgw keystone revocation thread
       [not found]             ` <CA+H5UW3h-OB0HyVz7LLRMmFH5=YxdWs9fw3pcvvqwpRfkyUQLA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-04-05 12:49               ` Matt Benjamin
From: Matt Benjamin @ 2017-04-05 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rallabhandi, Pavan; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Pavan,

Your email sparked some backchannel discussion.

I -think- Marcus and Radoslaw would agree that running a revocation thread should be configurable.  The ability to properly detect revoked Fernet tokens (OS-REVOKE, below) will be implemented upstream.

Regards,

Matt

From: Pavan Rallabhandi @ 2017-04-05 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Benjamin; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi Matt,

Appreciate your response, would make the revocation thread configurable for now.

Thanks,
-Pavan.