From: Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti@micronovasrl.com>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] sunxi: add custom board
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:40:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Il 26/10/2018 13:06, Maxime Ripard ha scritto:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 12:57:54PM +0200, Giulio Benetti wrote:
>> Hello Maxime,

>>> If that's backlight related, maybe you can just create a new backlight
>>> driver?
>>
>> If it makes sense for sure we can.
>>
>> But please can you take a look at the schematics of current-driver with
>> mosfets biasing power?
>> https://pasteboard.co/HK4ChzF.png
>> As you can see we bias BKL_K (Backlight Kathode) to slightly influence the
>> shunt(R81+R76).
>> I don't know how it could be useful for the others.
>>
>> We use that to handle different displays with the same board(A20 based).
>>
>> So does it make sense to write a driver?
>> And if yes, I would think about adding:
>> backlight_current.c under u-boot/drivers/video
>> or another option could be to write a driver under:
>> u-boot/drivers/power
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Maybe you can just create a regulator driver, with each current step
> describing a step, just like gpio-regulator is doing for the voltage.

That's a perfect example, thanks for pointing me.

I would call it gpio-current-regulator and then I would place multiple
"states" instead of the current 2 states of gpio-regulator.

Does it sound good?

After some work maybe we should submit an RFC, right?

Thank you
Best regards
--
Giulio Benetti
CTO

MICRONOVA SRL
Sede: Via A. Niedda 3 - 35010 Vigonza (PD)
Tel. 049/8931563 - Fax 049/8931346
Cod.Fiscale - P.IVA 02663420285
Capitale Sociale € 26.000 i.v.
Iscritta al Reg. Imprese di Padova N. 02663420285
Numero R.E.A. 258642