On Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016 20:52:13 CEST johnzeng wrote: [...] > Thanks , and i will try to purchase suitable wifi hardware , > > Because i use raspberry [...]pi , i have to use wifi card based usb . > > whether you can advise a set of usb wifi card based Atheros ( driver ath9k) ? Sorry, I have zero experience with the USB hardware (ath9k_htc/carl9170). I think Martin was using them some time ago. Or maybe someone else on the ml has more information about them. But these devices use a firmware running on the device. I know that there were weird problems hunting the carl9170 hardware/firmware [1]. Th ath9k_htc looks a little better but the TODO list for the firmware is also quite large and there also some odd limitations mentioned on the driver page [2]. Kind regards, Sven [1] https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/carl9170 [2] https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath9k_htc