From: Bertrand Marquis <Bertrand.Marquis@arm.com>
To: tosher 1 <akm2tosher@yahoo.com>
Cc: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>,
	"roger.pau@citrix.com" <roger.pau@citrix.com>,
	"xadimgnik@gmail.com" <xadimgnik@gmail.com>,
	"oleksandr_andrushchenko@epam.com"
	<oleksandr_andrushchenko@epam.com>,
	"xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org" <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>
Subject: Re: PCI passthrough support for PVH mode
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:32:06 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Mihrab,

> On 10 Feb 2022, at 07:22, tosher 1 <akm2tosher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for letting me know this status.
>
> I am wondering if PCI passthrough is at least available in Arm for other virtualization modes like PV, HVM, or PVHVM. For example, is it possible for someone to attach a PCI device to a guest domain on an Arm machine and use that domain as a driver domain, like we can do with the Xen on x86?

On arm there is only one virtualization mode which is equivalent to x86 HVM.

Regarding PCI passthrough on arm, this is currently a work in progress that is being upstream so it is not available for now.
Once it will be merged in Xen, it will be possible to assign a PCI device to a guest so you could then make a “driver domain” using the functionality.

Regards
Bertrand