On 31.03.2017 15:38, Peter Maydell wrote: > It would be a bug for a command with the CMD_NOFILE_OK or > CMD_FLAG_GLOBAL flags set to also set the ct->perms field, > because the former says "OK for a file not to be open" > but the latter is a check on a file. > > Add an assertion in qemuio_add_command() so we can catch that > sort of buggy command definition immediately rather than it > being a bug that only manifests when a particular set of > command line options is used. > > (Coverity gets confused about this (CID 1371723) and reports > that we might dereference a NULL blk pointer in this case, > because it can't tell that that code path never happens with > the cmdinfo_t that we have. This commit won't help unconfuse > it, but it does fix the underlying issue.) > > Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell > --- > We could also try to add some kind of assert in command() to > persuade coverity that it can't get there with a NULL block > and ct->perms non-zero, but I think I'd rather just mark the > issue as a false-positive and move on. I think having the assertion in qemuio_add_command() is nicer because if we break it we will definitely notice just by launching qemu-io. > qemu-io-cmds.c | 7 +++++++ > 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+) Thanks, applied to my block branch: https://github.com/XanClic/qemu/commits/block Max