On Fri, 2021-07-30 at 13:07 +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote: > Dear RT folks! > > I'm pleased to announce the v5.14-rc3-rt1 patch set. Damn, I was hoping to figure out wth is going on before the 62 patch version of tglx/rtmutex branch made its way out into the big wide world, but alas, I was too slow. I started meeting GUI hangs as soon as I merged the 62 patch series into my 5.13-rt based master tree. I took tglx/rtmutex (977db8e523f5) back to 5.13-rt to make sure it wasn't some booboo I had made in the rolled forward tree, but the hangs followed the backport, and I just met them in virgin v5.14-rc3-rt1, so unfortunately it wasn't some local booboo, there's a bug lurking. Maybe a config sensitive one, as what I'm seeing on my box seems unlikely to escape into the wild otherwise. First symptom is KDE/Plasma's task manager going comatose. Notice soon enough with a !lockdep kernel, and I can crashdump, or rather I can with my 5.13-rt based kernel, a dump from shiny new rt1 can't be loaded by crash for some reason. The local tree dumps I've looked at haven't been helpful anyway, box at a glance looks fine. With lockdep enabled, a failing kernel gets so buggered it isn't even able to crashdump. config attached. Oh, a lockdep enabled kernel fails sooner, but both fail here fairly quickly. -Mike