On 1/25/21 10:55 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 10:53:36AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote: >> On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 3:05 AM Christoph Hellwig wrote: >>> >>> There is no good reason to reassign ->bi_bdev when remapping the >>> partition-relative block number to the device wide one, as all the >>> information required by the drivers comes from the gendisk anyway. >>> >>> Keeping the original ->bi_bdev alive will allow to greatly simplify >>> the partition-away I/O accounting. >> >> This one causes boot failures for me on my laptop... > > Any output to share? Details of the config? .config attached - hard to share any output, as it seems to load the kernel fine, but latter parts of the boot process end up with errors after the screen blanks. It's a laptop, so nothing fancy in terms of logging. FWIW, it did boot on my test box. Let me try and do a video... -- Jens Axboe