Hi Am 24.01.22 um 16:50 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven: > On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 12:33 PM Thomas Zimmermann wrote: >> With fbdev emulation, every DRM driver is an fbdev driver too. So > > Some are even without? > > drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_fb.c: ret = register_framebuffer(info); Well, I counted this as 'emulation' as well. There's fully driver-agnostic fbdev support in DRM, but some drivers still run their own. At some point, we want all drivers to use DRM's generic solution. Best regards Thomas > > Gr{oetje,eeting}s, > > Geert > > -- > Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org > > In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But > when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. > -- Linus Torvalds -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev