On 18/10/2018 06:50, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > Hi Shuah, > > Today's linux-next merge of the kselftest tree got a conflict in: > > tools/testing/selftests/kvm/dirty_log_test.c > > between commit: > > fff8dcd7b4a2 ("kvm: selftests: port dirty_log_test to aarch64") > > from the kvm tree and commit: > > cda94d9ffa0e ("selftests: kvm: Fix -Wformat warnings") > > from the kselftest tree. > > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree > is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly > complex conflicts. > Shuah, I think it's best if in the future the tools/testing/selftests/kvm/ changes go through my tree, unless they affect many selftests subdirectories. Thanks, Paolo