From: Randy MacLeod <randy.macleod@windriver.com>
To: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org, maik.vermeulen@lightyear.one
Subject: Re: [yocto] nftables_0.7 not working
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:15:52 -0400	[thread overview]

On 2022-08-01 11:45, Quentin Schulz wrote:
> Hi Maik,
>
> On 8/1/22 17:34, Maik Vermeulen wrote:
>> Hi Quentin,
>>
>> Thank you for your response!
>>
>> I added kernel-modules to the IMAGE_INSTALL_append, but it seems that
>> the
>> modules are still not being loaded.
>> Is that the correct way?
>>
>> Also I see that CONFIG_NF_TABLES is not set (with ~# zcat
>> /proc/config.gz |
>> grep CONFIG_NF_ | grep TABLE)
>> Is that expected?
>>

> No, you would indeed need to enable those in your kernel config.

0.7 - that's pre-dunfell!

For master or kirkstone, see:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/linux-yocto/message/11523?p=%2C%2C%2C20%2C0%2C0%2C0%3A%3Acreated%2C0%2Cmacleod%2C20%2C1%2C0%2C92659340

and the follow-up that I'll send soon to get the pass-rate to 100%.

You won't be able to use the WR Linux features directly but take a look
at the image.inc
and template.conf files in:

https://github.com/WindRiver-Labs/wrlinux/tree/WRLINUX_10_21_BASE/templates/feature/nftables

for the syntax to use the kernel scc files for nftables. It may not be
there if you're using an older kernel.

../Randy

> Cheers,
> Quentin