Hi Diego, > However, “ip link show dev wlan0" shows “NO-CARRIER” on both devices > with state DORMANT and mode DORMANT. > > 5: wlan0: mtu 1500 qdisc mq > state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000 > >     link/ether 34:e1:2d:24:03:42 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff > > When doing it manually with iw the state was UP and the mode DEFAULT, so > I manually changed the state with “ip link set wlan0 state up". After > that “ip link” no longer shows NO-CARRIER and pings worked. Changing the > mode was not necessary. > > Is there something that I am missing? Or maybe something which is > missing in iwd in adhoc mode? This is indeed a bug in iwd. We somehow missed sending the required linkmode / operstate changes when adhoc is operated in the 'open' mode. i.e. a call to l_rtnl_set_linkmode_and_operstate is missing in src/adhoc.c adhoc_new_station() around line 415. The tricky part is that adhoc doesn't initialize its own rtnl object, so I need to think about a good fix for this. Regards, -Denis