On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:46:32 +0200, Jiri Slaby said: > Hi, > > my box 100% crashes when booting. It's both in unix socket recv and send > paths. I've reverted 0856a30409 (Scm: Remove unnecessary pid & > credential references in Unix socket's send and receive path) and it > seems to help. > > The oops: > http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/sklad/panics/af_unix_crash.png I was seeing a 100% repeatable crash with the X server starting as well, but wasn't able to get a traceback because my X server was doing the modeset before it crashed (so all I got was a black screen) and netconsole is busticated for me. I can confirm that reverting that one commit allows my box to boot and get X up and running as well.