From: Joerg Pommnitz <pommnitz@yahoo.com>
To: ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org
Subject: [ath9k-devel] Rate Selection problems in mixed 802.11b/802.11g IBSS
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:34:30 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hello all,
I have seen a problem using ath9k in an IBSS network formed from
two nodes: one AR5xxx running Madwifi and one A9xxx using ath9k.

The network was running on channel 14 which Madwifi limits to 802.11b
for regulatory reasons (we have permission to use this channel).

The strange part was ath9k: Using "iw dev wlan0 stations dump" I could see
that the TX rate to the Madwifi node was stuck at 1 Mbit/s. An iperf run
confirmed the miserable data rate. I could force
the rate with "iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M" to something reasonable (once again
measured with iperf). In the latter case, iw still claimed a TX rate of 1Mbit/s
but iperf did show the expected data rate.

The Madwifi node on the other end was happily selecting 11Mbit/s on its own.

Any ideas?
--
Regards
Joerg

Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verf?gt ?ber einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com