Inspired by my own problems, in a seIfish way, I would suggest "Grub2 and RAID" + section 3.8.   Also, I think sections 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 could take a bit of a touch-up, or extension, if you will. Especially the last sentence of 2.2.6. IMHO, the real thing is to be able to do everything from scratch. If the how-tos are explained  a bit more, a better understanding of other related subjects becomes  possible.   Regards, Tibor --- On Tue, 1/5/10, Bruce Dubbs wrote: From: Bruce Dubbs Subject: GRUB Faq To: "The development of GNU GRUB" Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 1:08 AM I've been working on grub.texi and I notice a reference to http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-faq.html.  I will change that to grub-2-faq.en.html before I submit it. I think we should come up with a new list of FAQs here and agree on the answers.  I'll be glad to format it. The current questions are: Why do you need to rewrite GRUB? What is the status of GRUB 2? I would remove both of these and and start with: I have questions about GRUB2! What operating systems does GRUB2 support? What hardware platforms does GRUB2 support? How does GRUB2 differ from GRUB Legacy (GRUB1)? How do I create a GRUB2 boot floppy? How do I create a GRUB2 boot CD-ROM? How are partitions specified? That seems to be very different from the notation in my operating system... How do I uninstall GRUB2 from my hard disk drive? I installed GRUB, but it just hangs up. What now? ----------- What others would you suggest? By the way, validator.w3.org says grub-2-faq.en.html has 24 errors, but that cascades errors.  I only see 5 errors.  I imagine the page is formatted by a standard header + body + standard footer, but there is one html error in the header too: .... alt="image of the Head of a GNU" width="129" height"122" /> height is missing an = sign.   -- Bruce _______________________________________________ Grub-devel mailing list Grub-devel@gnu.org http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/grub-devel