* can crosstool cross-compile Any kernel or specific one ?
@ 2007-02-12  6:51 patel nirav
From: patel nirav @ 2007-02-12  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux ppc

I have installed crosstool from kegel.com in /opt/crosstool dictionary.

 Now here my question is
 " Can I cross compile any kernel from this cross tool or any specific kernel " ?

Nirav J Patel
M.Tech(CSE),
Nirma University,
Ahmedabad-382481.
9925138959

---------------------------------
Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

* RE: can crosstool cross-compile Any kernel or specific one ?
@ 2007-02-12  7:06 Claus Gindhart
From: Claus Gindhart @ 2007-02-12  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patel nirav, linux ppc

Niral,

Yes !
look into the Kernel Makefile, and you will recognize, that its already =
prepared for Cross-Compiling.

Just create a small script, which exports the variable CROSS_COMPILE and =
ARCH, e.g.
------------8-<------------
export =
CROSS_COMPILE=3D/opt/crosstool/powerpc-e300-linux-gnu/gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3=
.3/bin/powerpc-e300-linux-gnu-
export ARCH=3Dppc
------------8-<------------
After sourcing this script, you can use all the kernel Make-features for =
your cross-compile environment.

Additionally, you might want to export INSTALL_PATH and =
INSTALL_MOD_PATH, which defines, where Kernel image and modules should =
be installed.

--=20
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Claus Gindhart
Kontron Modular Computers GmbH
Sudetenstra=DFe 7, 87600 Kaufbeuren, Germany
Phone: +49 (8341) 803 374
Fax: +49 (8341) 803 40 374
www.kontron.com
=20
Kontron Modular Computers GmbH
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Ulrich Gehrmann, Thomas Sabisch=20
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaufbeuren / Rechtsform: GmbH=20
Amtsgericht Kempten / HRB Nr. 6195
=20
Kontron Modular Computers GmbH
Managing Directors: Ulrich Gehrmann, Thomas Sabisch=20
Registered Office: Kaufbeuren, Germany / Legal Form: GmbH
Local District Court: Kempten / Trade Register No. 6195=20