From: Randy MacLeod <randy.macleod@windriver.com>
To: Ayman Hassan <Ayman.Hassan@ideainmotion.org>,
	"yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org" <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:40:30 -0400	[thread overview]

On 09/06/2018 07:58 AM, Ayman Hassan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am part of a team based in Cairo, Egypt – working on a project and
> we’re still discovering Linux Features, I am currently running
>   core-image-sato on a virtual box,

Welcome to yocto. If you have access to IRC,
you can join #oe on Freenode to ask for help as well.

> and trying to connect to SSH server
> using Dropbear – but it’s not working – I get connection refused
> message. I couldn’t find tutorials to know how I can fix the problem.

Did you build your image for qemux86-64 instead and try to use runqemu?
As shown on:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/brief-yoctoprojectqs/brief-yoctoprojectqs.html

That's a more common use case than VirtualBox in the Yocto community.

If you are determined to use VB:

Did you manage to ssh into say and ubuntu image running there?
If not, then you'll need VB docs not YP docs.

If ubuntu works for you, then what's your build environment, ssh client,
and branch of yocto:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases
?

../Randy