På to , 08/01/2004 klokka 12:47, skreiv Paul Smith: > Do you know when those accounting errors were fixed? In the official kernels? 2.4.22, I believe... However there are patches going back to 2.4.19... See http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/Linux-2.4.x/2.4.19/ The main patch you want will be linux-2.4.19-14-call_start.dif > > ClearCase implements its own virtual filesystem type, and so is > heavily tied to specific kernels (the kernel module is not open source > of course :( ). We basically can move to any kernel that has been > released as part of an official Red Hat release (say, 2.4.20-8 from > RH9 would work), but no other kernels can be used (the ClearCase > kernel module has checks on the sizes of various kernel structures and > won't load if they're not what it thinks they should be--and since > it's a filesystem it cares deeply about structures that have tended to > change a lot. It won't even work with vanilla kernel.org kernels of > the same version.) Blech... Note: if you want to try implementing a scheme like what you propose, then the simplest way to do it, would be to add something like the following patch. It disables nfs_strategy(), then causes nfs_updatepage() to extend the request size if it sees that we're not using byte-range locking, and the complete page is in cache. Cheers, Trond