Hi Harald! Am Samstag, 25. Februar 2012, 22:18:48 schrieben Sie: > Am 25.02.2012 22:09 schrieb "Dennis Schridde" : > > > > Hence I wrote attached patch, switching from modprobe to modinfo, which > > also > > > seem to be the tool intended for the job. This method appears to work > > reliable > > > in kmod-5, but I have not tested with module-init-tools. > > Just update kmod... modprobe --show-depends was fixed Thanks for the info. I would like know your reasons for using modprobe instead of modinfo to gather information about modules, since it appears to be the wrong tool to me. Kind regards, Dennis