On 2020/8/13 下午1:53, Spencer Collyer wrote: > On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:15:23 +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote: >> On 2020/8/12 下午9:49, Spencer Collyer wrote: >>> I have just received a 'write time tree block corruption detected' >>> message on a BTRFS fs I use. As per >>> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Tree-checker it mentions >>> sending a mail to this mailing list for this case. >>> >>> The dmesg output from the error onwards is as follows: >>> >>> [17434.620469] BTRFS error (device dm-1): block=13642806624256 >>> write time tree block corruption detected >> >> What's the line before this line? >> >> That's the most important line, and it's unfortunately not there... >> >> Thanks, >> Qu > > Oh, didn't realise that. Unfortunately it has gone from the dmesg ring buffer, so I can't go back to it. If it happens again I'll take a copy of the full dmesg output so I can go back to it. > > The page I mentioned previously (https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Tree-checker) just mentions to report the error to this mailing list. Might be an idea to expand that line to explain what needs reporting. > > Rereading the linked page, I notice that it says that if it is a write error that is prevented then the fs should still be OK, and you can run 'btrfs check --readonly' to check that. It is 'btrfs check --repair' that it says to not run unless told to by a developer. So I'm going to run the '--readonly' check and if that looks good I'll try re-running the command that caused the failure - does that seem reasonable? Running btrfs check is always a good idea to ensure nothing is wrong. Write time tree checker mostly detects the following types of errors: - Memory bit flip Then you'd better to at least run a memtest to ensure your memory is fine. - Btrfs internal bug One example is the csum item overlap, which is a bug and soon get fixed. Although you can definitely try the same command, I doubt if it can reproduce the problem. But anyway, if you can reproduce the bug, it would definitely be helpful for us to look into. Thanks, Qu > > Thanks for your attention, > > Spencer >