* [ANN v2] Media sessions in Lyon in October: libcamera
@ 2019-10-17 11:16 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-10-17 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
	Ezequiel Garcia, Daniel Gomez, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld,
	Helen Koike, Jacopo Mondi, Laurent Pinchart,
	Niklas Söderlund, Nicolas Dufresne, Dave Stevenson

(Just updated the attendee list for this meeting, no other changes)

Hi all,

Since we have three separate half-day sessions for different topics I decided
to split the announcement for this in three emails as well, so these things
can be discussed in separate threads.

All sessions are in room Terreaux VIP Lounge - Level 0.
There is a maximum of 15 people.

The second session deals with libcamera and is on Wednesday morning
from 9:00 to 13:00.

Attendees for this session:

Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
Tomasz Figa <tfiga@chromium.org>
Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
Dafna Hirschfeld <dafna.hirschfeld@collabora.com>
Eugen Hristev <Eugen.Hristev@microchip.com>
Jacopo Mondi <jacopo@jmondi.org>
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Niklas Söderlund <niklas.soderlund@ragnatech.se>
Dave Stevenson <dave.stevenson@raspberrypi.org>
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>

That's 10 people.

Planning to use libcamera, but willing to give up their seat if needed:

Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com>
Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com>

Just interested:

Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@chromium.org>

If I missed someone, or you are on the list but won't attend after all, then
please let me know.

Attendees: it is probably useful if you let us know whether you have to
join this meeting because you plan to use libcamera, or if you are 'just
interested'. After the libcamera presentation on Tuesday afternoon we
should know how many of the 'just interested' list can join.

Agenda:

TBD by Laurent.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: [ANN v2] Media sessions in Lyon in October: libcamera
@ 2019-10-20 11:10 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2019-10-20 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
	Ezequiel Garcia, Daniel Gomez, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld,
	Helen Koike, Jacopo Mondi, Niklas Söderlund,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Dave Stevenson

Hi Hans,

Thank you for handling the announcement.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 01:16:20PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> (Just updated the attendee list for this meeting, no other changes)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since we have three separate half-day sessions for different topics I decided
> to split the announcement for this in three emails as well, so these things
> can be discussed in separate threads.
>
> All sessions are in room Terreaux VIP Lounge - Level 0.
> There is a maximum of 15 people.
>
> The second session deals with libcamera and is on Wednesday morning
> from 9:00 to 13:00.
>
> Attendees for this session:
>
> Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
> Tomasz Figa <tfiga@chromium.org>
> Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
> Dafna Hirschfeld <dafna.hirschfeld@collabora.com>
> Eugen Hristev <Eugen.Hristev@microchip.com>
> Jacopo Mondi <jacopo@jmondi.org>
> Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> Niklas Söderlund <niklas.soderlund@ragnatech.se>
> Dave Stevenson <dave.stevenson@raspberrypi.org>
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
>
> That's 10 people.
>
> Planning to use libcamera, but willing to give up their seat if needed:
>
> Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com>
> Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com>
>
> Just interested:
>
> Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
> Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@chromium.org>
>
> If I missed someone, or you are on the list but won't attend after all, then
> please let me know.
>
> Attendees: it is probably useful if you let us know whether you have to
> join this meeting because you plan to use libcamera, or if you are 'just
> interested'. After the libcamera presentation on Tuesday afternoon we
> should know how many of the 'just interested' list can join.
>
> Agenda:
>
> TBD by Laurent.

The two main items we would like to discuss are:

API review
----------

Following Jacopo's talk on Tuesday that will kickstart the public API
review, we would like to receive feedback from all attendees on the
libcamera APIs. This includes the public API towards applications and
the API toward the Image Processing Algorithms (IPA, also known as 3A).
The internal APIs between libcamera components and helpers, as well as
the Android camera HAL implementation, can also be discussed given
interest from the audience if time permits.

The libcamera API is documented in the source code using doxygen. A
nightly build of the documentation can be found at
https://www.libcamera.org/api-html/. Please note that the built
documentation covers all libcamera classes, making it a bit difficult to
tell the public API apart from the internal APIs. We will try to address
this problem this week.

Use cases sharing
-----------------

The libcamera project aims at supporting a wide range of use cases, even
if we need to limit the scope of the first release. Our experience with
camera support in Linux systems give us a good but still restricted view
of the uses, and we would like to discuss additional use cases with the
audience. If you have camera-related needs, from simple to crazy, we
want to hear about them.

Please all feel free to propose other topics that you would find of
interest. We will finalise the agenda this week.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN v2] Media sessions in Lyon in October: libcamera
@ 2019-10-20 20:13 ` Ezequiel Garcia
From: Ezequiel Garcia @ 2019-10-20 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
	Ezequiel Garcia, Daniel Gomez, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld,
	Helen Koike, Jacopo Mondi, Laurent Pinchart,
	Niklas Söderlund, Nicolas Dufresne, Dave Stevenson

Hello Hans,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 13:16, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> (Just updated the attendee list for this meeting, no other changes)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since we have three separate half-day sessions for different topics I decided
> to split the announcement for this in three emails as well, so these things
> can be discussed in separate threads.
>
> All sessions are in room Terreaux VIP Lounge - Level 0.
> There is a maximum of 15 people.
>
> The second session deals with libcamera and is on Wednesday morning
> from 9:00 to 13:00.
>
> Attendees for this session:
>
> Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
> Tomasz Figa <tfiga@chromium.org>
> Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
> Dafna Hirschfeld <dafna.hirschfeld@collabora.com>

I beliebe Dafna and I should not be on this list, and instead
Helen Koike and Nicolas Dufresne would be attending.

Thanks,
Ezequiel

@ 2019-10-21  6:36   ` Helen Koike
From: Helen Koike @ 2019-10-21  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ezequiel Garcia, Hans Verkuil
	Ezequiel Garcia, Daniel Gomez, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld,
	Jacopo Mondi, Laurent Pinchart, Niklas Söderlund,
	Nicolas Dufresne, Dave Stevenson

Hello,

On 10/20/19 5:13 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 13:16, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> (Just updated the attendee list for this meeting, no other changes)
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since we have three separate half-day sessions for different topics I decided
>> to split the announcement for this in three emails as well, so these things
>> can be discussed in separate threads.
>>
>> All sessions are in room Terreaux VIP Lounge - Level 0.
>> There is a maximum of 15 people.
>>
>> The second session deals with libcamera and is on Wednesday morning
>> from 9:00 to 13:00.
>>
>> Attendees for this session:
>>
>> Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
>> Tomasz Figa <tfiga@chromium.org>
>> Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
>> Dafna Hirschfeld <dafna.hirschfeld@collabora.com>
>
> I beliebe Dafna and I should not be on this list, and instead
> Helen Koike and Nicolas Dufresne would be attending.

Yes, I'm interested in attending the libcamera session.

Thanks
Helen

@ 2019-10-28 22:03     ` Daniel Gomez
From: Daniel Gomez @ 2019-10-28 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helen Koike
	Alexandre Courbot, Tomasz Figa, Ezequiel Garcia, Eugen Hristev,
	Dafna Hirschfeld, Jacopo Mondi, Laurent Pinchart,

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 08:36, Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 10/20/19 5:13 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> > Hello Hans,
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 13:16, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >>
> >> (Just updated the attendee list for this meeting, no other changes)
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Since we have three separate half-day sessions for different topics I decided
> >> to split the announcement for this in three emails as well, so these things
> >> can be discussed in separate threads.
> >>
> >> All sessions are in room Terreaux VIP Lounge - Level 0.
> >> There is a maximum of 15 people.
> >>
> >> The second session deals with libcamera and is on Wednesday morning
> >> from 9:00 to 13:00.
> >>
> >> Attendees for this session:
> >>
> >> Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
> >> Tomasz Figa <tfiga@chromium.org>
> >> Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
> >> Dafna Hirschfeld <dafna.hirschfeld@collabora.com>
> >
> > I beliebe Dafna and I should not be on this list, and instead
> > Helen Koike and Nicolas Dufresne would be attending.
>
> Yes, I'm interested in attending the libcamera session.
>
> Thanks
> Helen
>

> > Thanks,
> > Ezequiel
> >
> >> Eugen Hristev <Eugen.Hristev@microchip.com>
> >> Jacopo Mondi <jacopo@jmondi.org>
> >> Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
> >> Niklas Söderlund <niklas.soderlund@ragnatech.se>
> >> Dave Stevenson <dave.stevenson@raspberrypi.org>
> >> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
> >>
> >> That's 10 people.
> >>
> >> Planning to use libcamera, but willing to give up their seat if needed:
> >>
> >> Daniel Gomez <daniel@qtec.com>
> >> Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com>
> >>
> >> Just interested:
> >>
> >> Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
> >> Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@chromium.org>
> >>
> >> If I missed someone, or you are on the list but won't attend after all, then
> >> please let me know.
> >>
> >> Attendees: it is probably useful if you let us know whether you have to
> >> join this meeting because you plan to use libcamera, or if you are 'just
> >> interested'. After the libcamera presentation on Tuesday afternoon we
> >> should know how many of the 'just interested' list can join.
> >>
> >> Agenda:
> >>
> >> TBD by Laurent.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>         Hans

I would like to know if there are more people you plan to add to the
attendee's list.
If not, I would like to be there.

Thanks,
Daniel

* Re: [ANN v2] Media sessions in Lyon in October: libcamera
@ 2019-10-28 22:18       ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-10-28 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Gomez, Helen Koike, Laurent Pinchart
	Tomasz Figa, Ezequiel Garcia, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld,
	Jacopo Mondi, Niklas Söderlund, Nicolas Dufresne,
	Dave Stevenson

On 10/28/19 11:03 PM, Daniel Gomez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 08:36, Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 10/20/19 5:13 PM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:

>>> I beliebe Dafna and I should not be on this list, and instead
>>> Helen Koike and Nicolas Dufresne would be attending.
>>
>> Yes, I'm interested in attending the libcamera session.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Helen
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Ezequiel

> I would like to know if there are more people you plan to add to the
> attendee's list.
> If not, I would like to be there.

Laurent is in charge of this meeting. I also suspect that this won't be
finalized until after the libcamera presentation tomorrow.

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2019-10-29 14:20       ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2019-10-29 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Gomez
  Cc: Helen Koike, Ezequiel Garcia, Hans Verkuil,
	Linux Media Mailing List, Alexandre Courbot, Tomasz Figa,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Eugen Hristev, Dafna Hirschfeld, Jacopo Mondi,
	Niklas Söderlund, Nicolas Dufresne, Dave Stevenson

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:03:05PM +0100, Daniel Gomez wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 08:36, Helen Koike <helen.koike@collabora.com> wrote:

> >> I beliebe Dafna and I should not be on this list, and instead
> >> Helen Koike and Nicolas Dufresne would be attending.
> >
> > Yes, I'm interested in attending the libcamera session.

> I would like to know if there are more people you plan to add to the
> attendee's list.
> If not, I would like to be there.

You're certainly welcome. See you tomorrow :-)

Laurent Pinchart