* Yocto Project Status WW08`22
@ 2022-02-22 15:54 sjolley.yp.pm
From: sjolley.yp.pm @ 2022-02-22 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M4

Next Deadline: 4th April. 2022 YP 3.5 M4 build

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday Feb. 24th 7:30 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09>
https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Mar. 1st at 8 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Feb. 22nd at 8 am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> )
*	Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*	We are now at feature freeze for 3.5, our next LTS release
*	YP 3.1.14 and YP 3.2.4 were released
*	YP 3.3.5 is in QA
*	After a last minute push, the base set of inclusive language changes
have merged. There is a conversion script which can be run to convert
layers. Not all changes needed have been written yet but enough are present
to allow the conversion process to start.
*	There were also changes to convert LICENSE fields to use SPDX
identifiers and there is a second conversion script for this that can be
used.
*	We have updated the core layer series name to kirkstone and other
layers will now need to update to confirm compatibility with kirkstone.
*	There is a patchset to update python's build processes to use the
upstream preferred wheel approach which would aid support of python over the
next few years. It is late in the cycle for this kind of change but we will
give this series a few days of testing to make a decision and welcome user
feedback either way on these changes.
*	As such, the M3 release build will likely not happen until early
next week.
*	The autobuilder infrastructure is planned to be offline 26-28th
February for a data center move. Public services like the website, wiki and
git servers will remain live but the git backend (push.yoctoproject.org)
will be offline, as will the downloads and sstate services and the
autobuilder/NAS.
*	Capacity has been improved on the sstate server which was causing
intermittent timeout issues for downloads.
*	Intermittent issues continue to be at record high levels and help is
very much welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of
failures we're continuing to see by searching for the "AB-INT" tag in
bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

In particular, we're struggling to understand the intermittent network issue
with external hosts we're seeing very occasionally.

Ways to contribute:

*	There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*	There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.5. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.5_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.5_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.
*	Help us resolve CVE issues:
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRgNISmH0Ditf0bRtSezeR2XsgK
IiSFJKF6KJUHpnzocNGzvKZbuSDKfmV3n64BFXDRqElBSJnhHtG4/pubchart?oid=1993375488
&format=interactive> CVE metrics

YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.5 M3 build date 2022/02/21
*	YP 3.5 M3 Release date 2022/03/04
*	YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
*	YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29

Upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.1.14  is released
*	YP 3.4.2 is released
*	YP 3.3.5  is in QA
*	YP 3.3.5 Release date 2022/02/25
*	YP 3.1.15 build date 2022/03/14
*	YP 3.1.15 Release date 2022/03/25
*	YP 3.4.3 build date 2022/03/21
*	YP 3.4.3 Release date 2022/04/01
*	YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
*	YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08
*	YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
*	YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2652 (last week 2662) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1202 (last week 1208)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 334 (28%) [last week 334 (28%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>

* Re: [OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW08`22
@ 2022-02-27 15:28 ` Armin Kuster
From: Armin Kuster @ 2022-02-27 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Jolley, yocto, openembedded-core

I see there is an April release of Hardknott.  Is that the last official
Hardknott release from the Yocto Project?

-armin

@ 2022-02-27 23:58   ` Mittal, Anuj
From: Mittal, Anuj @ 2022-02-27 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, yocto, akuster808, sjolley.yp.pm

On Sun, 2022-02-27 at 07:28 -0800, Armin Kuster wrote:
> I see there is an April release of Hardknott.  Is that the last
> official
> Hardknott release from the Yocto Project?

There's going to be a 3.3.6 as well and that is going to be the last.
From this status email:

  * YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
  * YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08

Thanks,