On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:53:52 EST, Mark Lord said: > On 10-11-19 09:40 AM, Chris Mason wrote: > > > > We've been told that online and constant trimming is the default in > > windows7. The ssds are most likely to just start ignoring the trims > > they can't service efficiently. > > Win7 collects multiple TRIM ranges over time and batches them as single TRIMs > (as reported to me by an SSD vendor who traced it with a SATA analyzer, > and who also apparently has "inside info"). What should happen if we have (for instance) a "collect 64 trims at a time" policy, and the system crashes at trim number 47? (Probably not an issue if you're doing non-deterministic trim, but is an exposure if you're relying on deterministic trim for security reasons)