Hi all, I have a PCMCIA card which has a usb Host Controller (HC) on it. I am writing Host Controller Driver (HCD) for this. I have pcmcia client driver which is registering HC as a platform device.i.e. my HCD is a platform driver. The device representation in linux-2.6.15.4 is given below. /sys/class/pcmcia-socket/pcmcia-socket1/device/1.0/myhcd/usb5/5-0:1.0 In my pcmcia client driver i get suspend event when i do selective suspend of the card (pcmcia-socket1/device in device tree ) . Platform driver`s suspend entry point is getting called when i do selective suspend of myhcd. Now if i do global suspend will Power Management sub-system follow the device tree to suspend the card ? Which means PM sub-system will suspend 5-0:1.0 , then it will suspend usb5, then myhcd and then the pcmcia-socket1/device. So does it mean that in global suspend platform driver`s suspend entry point will be getting called before the pcmcia client driver`s suspend event ? Please suggest. Thanks and regards, Rasmit Ranjan swain.