From: Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net>
To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer
	<openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org>
Cc: Discussion of the angstrom distribution development
	<angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org>
Subject: Re: [Angstrom-devel] Python library hashlib is missig hash-code.
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:08:19 +0200	[thread overview]

Op 23 apr. 2012, om 10:15 heeft Koen Kooi het volgende geschreven:

> Op 15 apr. 2012, om 16:35 heeft Koen Kooi het volgende geschreven:
>
>> My theory is that this is caused by the openssl /usr changes, can anyone confirm or deny that?
>
> I dug into this. The breakage was recorded by buildhistory:

[..]

> I'm going to band-aid it so we can get a working python hashlib module in the 'denzil' branch, hopefully someone will come up with a proper fix soon.

After spending some more time on this and getting a ton of help from RP:

Python can't link to anything in ${base_libdir} due to a combination of python having a stupid buildsystem and the patches we apply to make it less stupid. The only fix I found to get hashlib and ssl to work in python is to revert the patch to openssl that moves libcrypto around.

I really need python unbroken in the release branch, so I see a few scenarios:

1) revert openssl patch, seperate /usr doesn't work properly anyway in this release
2) fix python
3) revert openssl patch, statically link libcrypto into dhclient.
4) bbappend openssl in meta-angstrom to revert the openssl patch

There are probably more scenarios, but I'm going to have lunch before thinking some more about it. My question to all of you:

	How do you want to fix this for denzil and how do you want to fix this for master?

And to be clear: I'm mean getting things into the denzil branch of OE-core, not getting it into the release, it's too late for that.

regards,

koen