From: Dean Matsen <deanmatsen@earthlink.net>
To: "'linuxppc-embedded@lists.linuxppc.org'"
	<linuxppc-embedded@lists.linuxppc.org>
Subject: Re: 8xx SCC's as uart
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:19:50 -0700	[thread overview]

If anyone has interest, I have a patch against the 2.4.22-pre4/5
kernels that allows SCC1 to be a console (but still without
handshaking, in accord with this discussion thread) on 8xx builds.

We have a device where SCC1 is the only port connected to a DB-9, so
I had to do it.  The patch is modeled after the 8260 SCC console
stuff.

Problem is, the boot/8xx_io/boot/simple/m8xx_tty.c is kind of
messy because of an intertwined if/else and #ifdef/#else (we call
it a "conditional curly brace" at our office), so I do not know that
my patch is appropriate for all platforms.  It works on the one
device of ours that needs it...

Dean