Included is my config file, btw, it is not just the console that blocks, it is the whole auth. system, which works fine with 2.4. > Hi Joe, > > How about a clue as to what your config looks like for the 2.6.0-test1 > kernel and such. The area surrounding input and console support has > changed quite a bit from 2.4. > > I'm running 2.6.0-test1-ac2, X, kdm, etc and it works just fine, well > one of these days I'll get the alsa config up to snuff. But till then > as long as I can watch my TV in a corner of the screen with sound I'm > happy. The midi stuff can wait :). > > Cheers, > Dave > > > Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault wrote: > >> I have succesfully compiled and booted the 2.6.0-test1 kernel. After >> i enter my username and password succesfuly the login window simply >> stays there: >> >> Login: user >> Password: xxxx >> >> >> Same thing with gdm. I do not have this problem with >> 2.4.21+swsup+preempt. >> There is no error written in the system log. >> Is it possible that PAM + 2.6.0-test1 results in this problem ? >> The single runlevel works fine.(booted with single as kernel arg) >> I am running gentoo. >> >> Any insight appreciated. >> >> Joe >> >> - >> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe >> linux-kernel" in >> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org >> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html >> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ >> > >