From: Lars Schneider <larsxschneider@gmail.com>
To: Jacob Keller <jacob.keller@gmail.com>
Cc: Jeff King <peff@peff.net>,
	"John P. Hartmann" <jphartmann@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: HowTo distribute a hook with the reposity.
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:29:59 +0100	[thread overview]

> On 28 Dec 2016, at 19:53, Jacob Keller <jacob.keller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 10:08 PM, Jeff King <peff@peff.net> wrote:
>>
>>       https://github.com/Autodesk/enterprise-config-for-git
>>
>>     (with the disclaimer that I've never used it myself, so I have no
>>     idea how good it is).
>>
>> I think you probably know all that, Jake, but I am laying it out for the
>> benefit of the OP and the list. :)
>>

> Heh, well I didn't know about this last part so it's still useful to
> me! I knew of the larger description for why not but wasn't exactly
> clear how to word it so I am glad you filled that in. Thanks!

Author of the "enterprise-config-for-git" here. The version in the public
Git repo is a stripped down version of the one we use at my day job for
our engineering workforce. I tried to extract the "generally useful bits".
Unfortunately it cannot be used "as-is". Don't hesitate to ping me if you
want to learn more about it and/or if you have an idea how to make it
better suited for open source collaboration.

Cheers,
Lars