From: "Boeuf, Sebastien" <sebastien.boeuf@intel.com>
To: "dgilbert@redhat.com" <dgilbert@redhat.com>,
	"virtio-fs@redhat.com" <virtio-fs@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Virtio-fs] Changes in -dev branch
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:41:18 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Dave,

I've just checked the codebase and I can see it includes the libvhost-
user fixes "libvhost-user: fix SLAVE_SEND_FD handling" and "libvhost-
user: introduce and use vu_has_protocol_feature()", that's great!

Unfortunately, through the virtio-fs development (based on previous
libvhost-user code), a new bug has been introduced here:
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu/blob/virtio-fs-dev/contrib/libvhost-user/libvhost-user.c#L2558

Instead, it needs to follow the new code format (which fixes the bug)
like here:
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu/blob/virtio-fs-dev/contrib/libvhost-user/libvhost-user.c#L1136

Do you think that's something we can quickly fix on your branch?

I can push a patch if you need me to :)

Thanks,
Sebastien

On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 12:16 +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've just pushed a new version of the virtio-fs-dev branch in
> https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu
>
> some things to note:
>
>   a) It's now rebased on upstream qemu 4.2-rc5
>   b) The virtiofsd is now in tools/virtiofsd rather than contrib
>      (after a long discussion on qemu-devel about where people
>       want it)
>   c) I've reformatted all the files to match qemu's coding style
>      guidelines; mostly.  This is a mostly automatic process
>      with some hand tweaking.  There's the possibility some stuff
>      is screwed up so I need to check on it.
>   d) It now uses libcap-ng rather libcap; that's the way qemu is
>      moving, allthough the change is a bit hairy.
>   e) If you're missing either libseccomp or libcapng during build
>      it will omit virtiofsd rather than failing the build.
>
> Dave
>

> --
> Dr. David Alan Gilbert / dgilbert@redhat.com / Manchester, UK

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros