* linux-next-20170320 break stmmac on dwmac-sunxi
@ 2017-03-20 19:54 Corentin Labbe
From: Corentin Labbe @ 2017-03-20 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peppe.cavallaro, alexandre.torgue; +Cc: netdev, linux-kernel

Hello

Just pushed next-20170320 to my boards and stmmac stop working on both intree dwmac-sunxi and my dev dwmac-sun8i.
It seems that interrupts never fire, and transmit queue timeout.
I will try to bisect this problem but perhaps other people could try to reproduce it.

Regards
Corentin Labbe

* Re: linux-next-20170320 break stmmac on dwmac-sunxi
@ 2017-03-21  9:23 ` Giuseppe CAVALLARO
From: Giuseppe CAVALLARO @ 2017-03-21  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corentin Labbe, alexandre.torgue; +Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, Joao Pinto

+ Joao

please Joao, could you do a check if new changes have any impact on that?

peppe

@ 2017-03-21 14:39 ` Giuseppe CAVALLARO
From: Giuseppe CAVALLARO @ 2017-03-21 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corentin Labbe, alexandre.torgue; +Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, Joao Pinto

Hello Corentin

yes, bisect process is really good approach to me. Pls give us more details.
Recently the multi DMA channel logic has been added so it could be that
something is needed to allow your platform to manage the new code.
Or we introduced some regression. If I have some other idea, I ping you.

@ 2017-03-21 14:49   ` Joao Pinto
From: Joao Pinto @ 2017-03-21 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe CAVALLARO, Corentin Labbe, alexandre.torgue
  Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, Joao Pinto

Hi Peppe,

Às 2:39 PM de 3/21/2017, Giuseppe CAVALLARO escreveu:
> Hello Corentin
>
> yes, bisect process is really good approach to me. Pls give us more details.
> Recently the multi DMA channel logic has been added so it could be that
> something is needed to allow your platform to manage the new code.
> Or we introduced some regression. If I have some other idea, I ping you.
>
> Peppe
>
> On 3/20/2017 8:54 PM, Corentin Labbe wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Just pushed next-20170320 to my boards and stmmac stop working on both intree
>> dwmac-sunxi and my dev dwmac-sun8i.
>> It seems that interrupts never fire, and transmit queue timeout.
>> I will try to bisect this problem but perhaps other people could try to
>> reproduce it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Corentin Labbe

Corentin spotted 2 bugs (dma_op_mode was only being set for core versions >=
4.00 and rx/tx default nº of queues was being set in a place that would not be
accessible if no multiqueue config is added to the DT). Thierry will send a set
of patches to improve soon.

Thanks,
Joao